The open source culture of freedom and responsibility at Netflix
Apr 02, 2014, 11:00 (2 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
We decided to catch up with Jeremy and ask him a few questions in advance of his talk. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the culture of Netflix which Jeremy describes as "Freedom and Responsibly." How that ties to open source? I'm curious. But I get the impression that breaking things and fixing them quickly is part of that culture and might include a "you break it, you fix it (quickly)" kind of attitude.
In this interview, I ask Jeremy how he applies open source outside of technology and what he wishes were more open in this world. His answers might surprise you.
- Dear Netflix(Jan 28, 2010)
- The Netflix Linux Conjecture: How Netflix snubs the Linux comunity(Aug 16, 2010)
- Netflix Benchmarks Cassandra on AWS(Dec 01, 2011)
- $100 Netflix DVD Downloader Runs Linux?(May 21, 2008)
- Netflix Movie Downloads Come to Linux PCs(Dec 04, 2008)
- Netflix to Open Source Army of Cloud Monkeys(Apr 16, 2012)
- What Netflix Needs is Linux(Jun 19, 2007)
- Life without Netflix, streaming on Linux can be awesome!(Mar 26, 2012)
- Netflix open sources Eureka mid-tier load balancer(Sep 06, 2012)