The People Who Support Linux: A College Student By Day, Red Hat Developer By (Late) Night
Oct 26, 2012, 09:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
After starting a small web consultancy building Drupal sites as a high school student in Connecticut, he dabbled in systems administration for Drupal, worked in hosting engineering at Acquia, then joined mobile payment startup Venmo as a one-man systems engineering group where he worked on scaling up their data stores and performance tuning.
Sam Kottler is a new Linux Foundation individual member. That company was sold this summer for $26 million and Kottler started working full time in the virtualization R&D group at Red Hat. Meanwhile, the sophomore at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts is pursuing a double major in political science and computer science. On the side, he contributes to Fedora and volunteers a few hours each month for the New York group of Technology for Obama.
- Interview With Gnome Release Manager Frederic Peters(May 07, 2012)
- Exclusive Fedora Interview(May 27, 2008)
- FOSDEM Interview: Florent Benoit(Jan 15, 2004)
- Video Interviews from GUADEC(Sep 03, 2010)
- Interview with Salih Emin of Utappia(May 07, 2012)
- Interview: SciRuby Team(Aug 21, 2011)
- KernelTrap: Interview: Jens Axboe(Jan 31, 2007)
- Interview: Avi Kivity(Apr 24, 2007)
- Building a Linux distribution from scratch Interview(Sep 10, 2012)
- Exclusive Interview: Alasdair Lumsden(Sep 12, 2012)