Ubuntu dev proposes new package format for mobile apps
May 09, 2013, 14:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
In a move that could see Ubuntu veer even further away from the Linux mainstream, Canonical has proposed a new software packaging format designed to make it easier for developers to publish apps for Ubuntu's tablet and phone–friendly future incarnations.
"This is not aimed at changing packages that are already part of the Ubuntu archive; for the most part our existing system works well for those, and they tend to have non-trivial dependency structures," Canonical's Colin Watson explained in a post to an Ubuntu developer mailing list on Wednesday.
- Ubuntu dev proposes new package format for mobile apps(May 09, 2013)
- For Ubuntu's Mobile Endeavors, Android Has Some Bitter Lessons to Offer(Dec 05, 2011)
- Ubuntu Mobile Takes on Apple Touch Interface(Feb 28, 2008)
- Move over GNOME, Ubuntu Mobile looks at Qt, other desktop environments(Jan 21, 2009)
- Ubuntu Mobile Edition: Review(Aug 07, 2008)
- Intel's Mobile Linux Initiative Missing Key Linux Vendor(Jul 17, 2007)
- App Ecosystem for Ubuntu Mobile Growing Steadily(Apr 19, 2013)