US government accelerating development and release of open source
Apr 26, 2014, 15:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
I had a chance to catch up with David A. Wheeler, a long-time leader in advising and working with the US government on issues related to open source software. As early as the late 1990s, David was demonstrating why open source software was integral to the US goverment IT architecture, and his personal webpage is a frequently cited source on open standards, open source software, and computer security.
In this interview, we explore the current state of use of open source software by the US government, the challenges of the Federal acquisition system, and what he's excited about as he looks ahead for open source and government.
- Interview With Gnome Release Manager Frederic Peters(May 07, 2012)
- Exclusive Fedora Interview(May 27, 2008)
- FOSDEM Interview: Florent Benoit(Jan 15, 2004)
- Video Interviews from GUADEC(Sep 03, 2010)
- Interview with Salih Emin of Utappia(May 07, 2012)
- Interview: SciRuby Team(Aug 21, 2011)
- KernelTrap: Interview: Jens Axboe(Jan 31, 2007)
- Interview: Avi Kivity(Apr 24, 2007)
- Building a Linux distribution from scratch Interview(Sep 10, 2012)
- Exclusive Interview: Alasdair Lumsden(Sep 12, 2012)