Latest OpenSolaris is much faster than Linux, says Sun
Jun 03, 2009, 21:01 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Cliff Saran)
"The changes to network and storage performance make the
operating system much faster than Linux, according to Sun.
"Project Crossbow is Sun's network architecture for
virtualisation. The company claims that Crossbow can be used to
network multicore, multi-threaded processors together using an
extremely fast network interface.
"With Project Crossbow, OpenSolaris 2009.06 gets a virtual
network interface, which Sun says can be used to simplify
administration of complex deployments of multi-tiered applications
on a single machine or an entire datacentre."
- OpenSolaris Changes Shows What's Next for Solaris(Jun 02, 2009)
- Sun Adds Solid State Drive Management to ZFS(Jun 01, 2009)
- Nexenta Core Platfrom 2 released(May 27, 2009)
- If Oracle commits to Solaris, will IBM buy Red Hat?(May 20, 2009)
- Sun Shines More Light On Open Source Kernels(May 15, 2009)
- The State of Open Source Storage(May 13, 2009)
- A Weekend Look At OpenSolaris 2009.06(May 05, 2009)
Sun Updates Solaris 10 Performance, Security(May 01, 2009)