Robotic Software Platform Behind Projects Like Segway RMP, Lego Mindstorm Going
Sep 12, 2010, 23:04 (1 Talkback[s])
[ Thanks to kiterunner for this link.
"Yet another important project is going open source.
This time, it is the popular robotic software platform called Urbi.
Widely popular robotic projects like Segway RMP, Lego Mindstorm,
Aldebaran Nao etc. runs on Urbi robotic software platform.
"Urbi Robotic Software Platform
"Urbi is a software platform to control robots or complex
systems in general. It includes a C++ component library called
UObject that comes with a robot standard API to describe motors,
sensors and algorithms. This awesome technology is now open source
with an GNU AGPLv3 license."
- OpenLuna - An Open Source Project Aimed at Returning Humankind Back to the Moon(Aug 17, 2010)
- Linux PC Robot < 500$ DIY Linux robot(Jun 15, 2010)
- Top 10 Linux Powered Robots From Around The World(Jun 11, 2010)
- The Courage to Screw Up: Why DIY Is Good for You(May 30, 2010)
- Qbo, Based On Linux, To Join Growing Field Of Open Source Robots(May 20, 2010)
- Cute Linux powered humanoid robot, speaks, listens and knows your face(May 13, 2010)
- peekabot�3-D Robotic Visualization(Apr 19, 2010)
- coolest (or scariest?) Linux robot ever(Mar 26, 2010)