US VHA head boosts OS software
Nov 15, 2010, 23:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Rod Mickleburgh)
[ Thanks to Philip
Webb for this link. ]
"Ken Kizer is the miracle man of U.S. health care. Mr.
Kizer brought in bold reform that transformed the vast and woeful
Veterans Health Administration into an efficient, effective model
institution with sky-high patient satisfaction. Starting in 1994,
it took him five years to reduce costs and increase quality of
care, while nearly doubling the number of patients.
"The measurable results included a reduction in medication
errors and patient deaths.
""What's wrong with expecting the government to do a good job?"
he would ask those professing amazement at the change."
- The Genius of the Tinkerer(Sep 28, 2010)
- Jesse Dylan, Bob Dylan's Son, Invigorates Open Source Health Care With Lybba(Sep 15, 2010)
- Laws governing medical devices in the EU and their effect on free and open source software(Aug 17, 2010)
- Why Free Software is a Matter of Life and Death(Jul 29, 2010)
- Court: breaking DRM for a "fair use" is legal(Jul 28, 2010)
- SanDisk's SD card can store data for 100 years(Jun 26, 2010)
- 6 of the Best Free Linux HDR Imaging Software(Mar 26, 2010)
- 5 of the Best Free Linux Medical Practice Management Software(Mar 19, 2010)