ZDNet: Windows 2000 Lies
Jun 21, 1999, 21:06 (24 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ed Bott)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Software development isn't supposed to be a combat sport, but
that's the way it sometimes feels when the subject turns to Windows
"On the one side, there's Microsoft, where Bill Gates has turned
evasion and exaggeration into martial arts."
"On the other side are Microsoft detractors, who aren't above
stretching the truth, either."
"Here's the unvarnished truth."
- Lie 1: Windows 2000 Is Bloatware
- Lie 2: Microsoft Subverts Open Standards
- Lie 3: It'll Run Just as Fast as NT 4.0
- Lie 4: Plug and Play Won't Work
- Lie 5: Windows 98 Is History
- Lie 6: Even a Novice Can Use It
- Lie 7: You'll Reboot Regularly
- Lie 8: Networking Is Easier Than Ever
- Lie 9: You're Doomed to DLL Hell
- Lie 10: Windows 2000 in 1999