LPI Certification Development Update
Jan 27, 2000, 00:24 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Kara Pritchard)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
By Kara Pritchard
The LPI wants your help to develop the level 2
Linux System Administration exam.
The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) has been developing
professional certification tests for Linux system administrators.
This article will update you on our progress.
The LPI is a Not For Profit organization based out of Toronto,
Canada. The LPI project is dedicated to providing a community
developed, community based, and community served, certification
project that fills all the requirements of today's corporate
certification market. LPI's success has been based on the
participation and support from community members and sponsors to
help develop the program into what the Linux community itself wants
and needs. The LPI team needs your support and participation. We
invite you to join us.
Level 1 Linux System
- Test 1a: Released and Prospering
- Test 1b: Development Near Completion
- The LPIC-1b exam is finalizing the development and
implementation stages, and is planned to be released in Mid
- Test 2x: Help Wanted
- LPI needs test questions for the Test 2x exams.These exams
coverunique aspects of individual distributions (Caldera, Debian,
TurboLinux (Pacific HiTech), RedHat, Slackware, and SuSE). LPI is
looking for item submissions for these topics. See http://www.lpi.org/cgi-bin/tips.py
to submit testing items.
- Contact email@example.com for
Level 2 Linux System
- New Staff Member
- 1/12/00 - Kara Pritchard was hired as Assistant Director for
Program Development. Kara's first project is to start development
and discussion of development of LPIC-2.
- LPIC-2: Help Wanted
- LPI is currently discussing the tasks and technical
requirements required for Level 2 Linux System Administration. To
participate in the discussion, send an email to Listar@new.lpi.org with
subscribe lpi-examdev in the subject line. (Note: Current
list subscribers will not be required to subscribe to the new
- View current developments at http://www.lpi.org/jobdesc-l2.html
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more