O'Reilly.com: Interview with Rasmus Lerdorf, creator of PHP and author of PHP Pocket Reference
Feb 12, 2000, 18:20 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Lori Houston)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to S.Ramaswamy for this link.
"PHP is a free scripting language running on over 700,000 Web
sites, and PHP's rapid ascent is reflected in its steadfast
presence at the top of oreilly.com's search logs over the past
year. An open-source, cross-platform alternative to Microsoft's
Active Server Pages (ASP) technology, PHP scripts are embedded
within a Web page along with HTML."
"Who better to talk to about PHP than its creator, Rasmus
Lerdorf? oreilly.com recently checked in with Lerdorf for the
latest word on PHP...."
What's the story behind PHP's creation?"
Back in 1995 I created a number of simple scripts to spruce up
my personal Web page a bit. I packaged these tools into a package I
called the Personal Home Page Tools. They were based on a
simple cgi wrapper that did custom-logging and some simple macro
replacements in the pages it served up."
- LinuxPR: First International Conference of PHP Group Agrees on Code Improvements(Jan 27, 2000)
- Linux.com: PHP Questions(Jan 23, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Professional PHP Programming - New Web Scripting Book from Wrox Press(Jan 14, 2000)
- dotcomma.org: MySQL Database Interaction With PHP(Jan 09, 2000)
- Linux Journal: Core PHP Programming: Using PHP to Build Dynamic Web Sites [Book Review](Jan 02, 2000)
- dotcomma.org: An Introduction to PHP(Dec 27, 1999)
- LinuxPlanet: Adding PHP to Apache on Linux(Dec 23, 1999)
- osOpinion: PHP: a silent killer(Dec 22, 1999)
- LinuxPower: Interview with the PHP Team(Nov 15, 1999)
- Network Computing: Web-Page Generator PHP Gets A Much-Needed Jolt in Version 4(Nov 02, 1999)
- Apache+mod_ssl+PHP Step-by-Step(Sep 11, 1999)