TechWeb: VA Linux Completes Purchase Of Andover.Net
Jun 07, 2000, 23:19 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ken Schachter)
"VA Linux Systems completed its purchase of Andover.Net, which
runs a network of Internet sites with a cult-like following devoted
to the Linux operating system, such as Slashdot.org."
"Terms of the acquisition call for each share of Andover.Net
stock to be exchanged for 0.425 of a share of VA Linux Systems,
making the deal worth about $107 million."
"Both companies first saw their stock prices skyrocket after
hugely successful IPOs and then fall back to earth."
- BW: VA Linux Systems Completes Acquisition Of Andover.Net...(Jun 08, 2000)
- BeOpen.com: VA Linux: Building a New Business Model [Larry Augustin Q&A](May 27, 2000)
- ZDNet: VA Linux chief: Tech turmoil is good(May 26, 2000)
- ZDNet UK: Andover.net launches open source Linux publication(May 05, 2000)
- BW: VA Linux Systems and Andover.Net Amend the Terms of Acquisition Agreement(Apr 27, 2000)
- GartnerGroup: VA Linux Seeks to Dominate Linux Services With Planned Takeover of Andover.Net(Feb 24, 2000)
- The Standard: Blinded by Dollar Signs in the VA Linux-Andover.Net Deal(Feb 07, 2000)
- CNET: Andover.Net deal makes some wealthy, others disappointed(Feb 04, 2000)
- VA Linux Snatches Andover.Net(Feb 03, 2000)