Apache Today: Apache Guide: Introduction to Server Side Includes, Part 2
Jun 19, 2000, 14:14 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Rich Bowen)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Kevin
Reichard for this link. ]
"This is the second of a three-article series on SSI. In the
first article, we talked about how to enable SSI on your server and
passed on some very basic examples. In this article, there will
be more examples, and we'll talk about some somewhat more involved
things that you might want to do with SSI. In the final
article, we'll talk about the more advanced features of Apache SSI,
including conditional statements."
"In the last article, we mentioned that you could use SSI to
inform the user when the document was most recently modified.
However, the actual method for doing that was left somewhat in
question. The following code, placed in your HTML document, will
put such a time stamp on your page."
"Using an include file for a header and/or a footer can reduce
the burden of these updates. You just have to make one footer file,
and then include it into each page with the include SSI command.
The include element can determine what file to include with either
the file attribute, or the vitrual attribute. The file attribute is
a file path, relative to the current directory. That means that it
cannot be an absolute file path (starting with /), nor can it
contain ../ as part of that path. The virtual attribute is probably
more useful, and should specify a URL relative to the document
being served. It can start with a /, but must be on the same server
as the file being served."
- LinuxMall.com: Apache Flexes for Great HTTP Standards Leap Forward(Jun 16, 2000)
- Geeks404.com: Learning Perl/CGI for Apache - Part 1: HTTP and Perl basics(Jun 15, 2000)
- Apache Today: Keeping Your Images from Adorning Other Sites(Jun 14, 2000)
- Apache Today: Apache Guide: Introduction to Server Side Includes(Jun 12, 2000)
- Apache Today: Totally Modern Mod_perl(Jun 07, 2000)
- Apache Today: Dynamic Content with CGI(Jun 05, 2000)
- Apache Today: Web Automation: Dynamic Directory Indexing(Jun 02, 2000)
- The Register: IBM donates SOAP to Apache XML project(Jun 02, 2000)
- Apache Today: Getting Started with Apache 1.3(Jun 01, 2000)
- Apache Today: An Introduction to Apache 2.0(May 30, 2000)