Ottawa Citizen: Corel shares leap on bundling deal
Jun 28, 2000, 11:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mark Anderson)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Corel Corp. stock rose $1.45, or 21 per cent yesterday, on
news the Ottawa-based software manufacturer had signed a bundling
agreement with California's Hewlett-Packard Co."
"Under the terms of the deal, Corel Print House 2000 -- a
software package that provides image editing and photo-effects --
will be included with sales of HP's ScanJet 4300 scanner, which is
targeted at the home office."
"The market reacted strongly to the news, hitting an intraday
high of $8.25 on the Toronto Stock Exchange before falling back to
close at $6.75 on heavy trading volume."
- CNET News.com: HP deal gives Corel shares a boost(Jun 27, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Regulator approves Corel stock issue(Jun 24, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Investors dump Corel shares(Jun 22, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel's latest loss comes with more warnings(Jun 21, 2000)
- 32BitsOnline: Losses Continue to Mount at Corel. Failure imminent(Jun 21, 2000)
- VNU Net: Corel's financial woes worsen(Jun 15, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel bets the shop on Linux(Jun 12, 2000)
- eWeek: Ax finally falls -- hard -- on Corel(Jun 09, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: For Cowpland, just another speed bump(Jun 09, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Corel lays off 320 employees amid financial woes(Jun 09, 2000)