LinuxMall.com: �berLinux: The Organizers of Germany's LinuxTag
Jun 28, 2000, 21:22 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michelle Head)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to mhead for this link. ]
"The organizers of LinuxTag in Stuttgart, Germany hope that it
will continue to impact IT businesses and European policy as well
as informing and entertaining an expected 20,000 attendees.
LinuxTag, German for Linux Day, runs June 29 through July 2."
"Michael Croon and Martin Schulze, LinuxTag press speakers, and
Torsten Spindler, conference speech organizer, conveyed their
excitement about this year's event in a recent interview. "The
special thing about LinuxTag is the fact that it is sort of an
`Open Source' project itself," the group explained. "Everybody is
invited to join the group and help to get the show on track.
The whole team (about 15 core team members) works on a volunteer
basis. The aim is to provide as much information as possible to the
visitors. Instead of making profits (or paying a salary to the team
members), as much money as possible is reinvested into the quality
of the event."
"As Linux's business recognition has grown, so has
LinuxTag--right out of its former home at the University of
Kaiserslautern. The event's increased attendance and the demand for
a broader spectrum of events prompted the group's move to
Stuttgart. "LinuxTag started five years ago as a small exhibition
of students with roughly 50 attendees," the organizers explained.
"The organization has become more professional for each new event,
and they acquired new people to help them. Last year, there were
about 7,000 people visiting LinuxTag. This year, we expect some
20,000 people to attend the show."
- Linux.com: The Klaus Knopper interview (LinuxTag 2000 organizer)(Jun 28, 2000)
- LinuxPR: European Free Software Mecca: LinuxTag 2000 Starts Thursday in Stuttgart, Germany(Jun 26, 2000)
- Linux-Mandrake 7.1 edition will be shown at LinuxTag in Stuttgart, Germany(Jun 16, 2000)
- LinuxPR: LinuxTag Business Congress on June 29 at the Stuttgart Exhibition Center(Jun 14, 2000)
- LinuxPR: LinuxTag Palm Pilot Guide
(Jun 05, 2000)
- LinuxPR: LinuxTag-Forum at CeBIT(Feb 18, 2000)
- LinuxPR: European LinuxTag 2000 at Stuttgart Convention Center(Feb 06, 2000)
- LPI German Chapter organizational meeting at LinuxTag(Jun 25, 1999)