RHCE2B.com: Interview with David Egan, Series Editor of the RHCE Linux Study Guide
Jul 05, 2000, 19:38 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Randy Flood)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Randy
Flood for this link. ]
"How is teaching college Engineering courses different from
"David: Big difference, college students join a generalized
stream leading to a generalized specialization."
"Training adults in a short time-frame for a high price has
completely different rigours. You are the show, you are live and
'dancing' ALL day long, hardly a time for a break sometimes."
"You need to perform all day, every day, ready to answer
questions and deal with situations as they arise. These courses are
heavy on content, sparse on time and require lots of preparation.
Imagine if David Letterman had to do his comedy all day long not
just for 1 hour!"
"These high tech courses of today are very, very heavy in
terms of material and short on time. We cram a semester of
information into 2-3 days. Ever read a techie book and stayed
awake? Imagine someone droning on about the contents of such a
book? Not a pretty sight!"
"So, now it becomes a necessity to be an 'edutainer'. They pay a
premium price for someone who 'knows the material backward and
forward'. And they have to be real nice, friendly, responsive,
happy, lively and humorous if possible. Sounds like a job for David
Letterman! And he does not even have to be nice or friendly! (I
would love to swap jobs with him for a week! if you can arrange
- RHCE2B.com: Interview with Frank Gronwald, who took the RHCE Exam Without Taking The Class(Jun 22, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Is Joe Barr certifiable? - Taking the Level 1 LPI exam(Jun 13, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Certifiable community - Community efforts in Linux certification(Jun 01, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Red Hat, Inc. Chooses DigitalThink to Build E-Learning Curriculum
(May 25, 2000)
- Slashdot: In Depth Look At Red Hat Certification(May 22, 2000)
- RHCE2B.com: Interview with Kara Pritchard, author of the RHCE Linux Exam Cram book(May 18, 2000)
- LinuxPR: RHCE2B.COM Announces New Linux Test Preparation Site(May 10, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: The RHCE Experience(Feb 28, 2000)