32BitsOnline: FreeBSD4: The little daemon's got me!!
Jul 11, 2000, 11:46 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Clifford Smith)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Can a previously devout Penguinista find true happiness in
the guise of a little red daemon??"
"When we last visited the subject of FreeBSD, I was happily
computing along in version 3.4 on my primary work computer. I've
continued to do so until this last week, when my disks arrived from
the FreeBSD mall."
"...At the risk of sounding like a zealot, I will say that
FreeBSD 4.0 is faster that any operating system I have ever had on
any of my computers. This is not hyperbole or just upgrade fever
talking here - the machine boots quicker and the programs I have
loaded - like Applixware - just seem to pop up without delay. The
developers mention on the FreeBSD homage that the virtual memory
system has been worked over - and if this is the reason for this
impressive improvement in speed, I am all for it."
- Daemon News: BSD at LinuxTag 2000(Jul 07, 2000)
- LinuxMall.com: Ask Linus: Why Use Linux Instead of FreeBSD?(Jun 27, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: USENIX wrap-up - FreeBSD-Linux rivalry apparent at the show(Jun 27, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: So What Is BSDi Up To?(Jun 24, 2000)
- SF Gate: ...FreeBSD is a relatively unknown operating system playing big role on Internet(May 29, 2000)
- 32BitsOnline: The FreeBSD 3.4 Review, Part 2: Adopting the Daemon(Apr 27, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Why BSD Matters(Mar 10, 2000)
- 32BitsOnline: Review of FreeBSD 3.4(Feb 19, 2000)
- Daemon News: What Can Linux Learn From FreeBSD?(Feb 02, 2000)
- Linux.com: Choosing Between BSD and GNU(Dec 28, 1999)