LinuxDevices.com: Are QNX style messaging tools for Linux "SIMPL"?
Jul 30, 2000, 20:37 (1 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to LinuxDevices.com for this link.
"Robert Findlay reports that SIMPL, a one year old open source
effort to bring QNX style message passing tools to Linux, is
beginning to show results in a number of real world Linux based
"SIMPL, an acronym for Synchronous Interprocess Messaging
Project for Linux, espouses the mission to bring "the powerful QNX
Send/Receive/Reply messaging paradigm" to the open source movement.
According to SIMPL documents, the QNX messaging scheme is "an
intuitive and simple to understand, yet immensely powerful, way of
designing distributed software applications."
- Byte.com: QNX, Linux, And Windows - OS niches and evolutionary strategies(May 31, 2000)
- QNX Gets Embedded PDQ(May 26, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Coexisting with QNX(May 19, 2000)
- LinuxPR: QNX To Support Hitachi Semiconductor SuperH Architecture
(May 17, 2000)
- PRNewswire: QNX Opens Platform to e-device Builders(Apr 25, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: QNX goes"Linux-like"(Apr 18, 2000)
- The Register: QNX opens Neutrino RTOS source code(Apr 17, 2000)
- BusinessWeek: QNX: Linux' Super-Fast, Super-Cheap Cousin(Jan 13, 2000)