CNET News.com: Linuxcare looks to future with new financing
Aug 02, 2000, 20:15 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Stephen Shankland)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Struggling Linuxcare has received $30 million from Lehman
Brothers and several other investors, enough to carry the company
to planned profitability in the fourth quarter of 2001, the company
"As previously reported, the funding is a necessary endorsement
to help the company pull back from its troubles and regain its
status as one of the original start-ups to try to make money off
the Linux operating system."
"New investors include Itochu International, Charter Ventures'
Charter Growth Capital and an affiliate of Sands Brothers."
- LinuxPR: Compaq and Linuxcare Boost Linux Installation on Alpha Servers with Linux Jumpstart! CD(Aug 02, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Linuxcare Completes Third Funding Round, Industry Leaders Invest US$30 Million(Aug 02, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Quantum Linux Laboratories partners with Linuxcare and offers LPI certification(Aug 02, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Battered Linuxcare receives new funding(Jul 31, 2000)
- LinuxWorld (AU): Linuxcare Founder [David Sifry] Talks Open Source(Jul 07, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Linuxcare and Netaid(Jun 22, 2000)
- Smart Partner: Linuxcare: Still Up And Swinging(Jun 16, 2000)
- 32BitsOnline: Interview with Linuxcare's CTO, David L. Sifry(Jun 12, 2000)
- TechWeb: Linuxcare To Fine Tune Linux For Thinkpads(Jun 09, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Linuxcare says funding round will be last(Jun 09, 2000)