LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Weekly Newsletter for August 10, 2000
Aug 10, 2000, 17:49 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Rick Lehrbaum)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to LinuxDevices.com for this link.
"Fact sheet (& photos): IBM Linux wrist watch prototype --
IBM Research announced that the company has extended the reach of
Linux to a device small enough to fit on your wrist. The
Linux-based wrist watch prototype is intended to showcase IBM's
commitment to Linux -- making Linux scaleable in both directions --
and also to assert IBM's leadership in the open source and open
"An interview with IBM's Linux Wrist Watch project leader --
Rick Lehrbaum spoke with Alex Morrow, "IBM Fellow" at IBM's TJ
Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, New York, and project
leader of the IBM Linux Wrist Watch project, to learn about the
project's overall mission and goals, and also to gather technical
specifics about the device itself, from a hardware, software, and
systems design perspective."
"CompactPCI VoIP board supports Linux hot-swap -- AudioCodes has
introduced full hot-swap capabilities for its model TP-400
CompactPCI VoIP communication processor under Linux and several
other operating systems."
"Running Linux on low cost, low power, MMU-less processors --
this whitepaper briefly describes some of the technical issues
associated with small foot-print MMU-less embedded devices under
"Lineo establishes Lineo Japan, Inc. -- Lineo announced the
establishment of Lineo Japan, Inc."
- LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Weekly Newsletter for August 3, 2000(Aug 03, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Weekly Newsletter for July 27, 2000(Jul 27, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Weekly Newsletter for July 13, 2000(Jul 13, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Weekly Newsletter for July 6, 2000(Jul 07, 2000)
- LinuxDevices.com: Embedded Linux Biweekly Newsletter for June 15, 2000(Jun 16, 2000)