From: "Georg C. F. Greve"
Subject: WWW: Issue #17 of Georg's Brave GNU World, the monthly GNU
forum has been released.
Issue #17 of the column is now online and it can - as usual - be
found on the GNU Webpage and its mirrors. Otherwise just follow the
links at the end of this posting.
Georg's Brave GNU World is a monthly column which is being
released simultaneously in five languages (English, German, French,
Japanese and Spanish) on the web and printed in the German
"Linux-Magazin" as well as the "Linux Magazine France." This makes
it the monthly column with the widest distribution worldwide as far
as I know.
If you would like to receive mail about new issues directly, you
can subscribe to the "Brave GNU World" announcement mailinglist.
Just send mail to with "subscribe" in the *body*. The mailinglist
is only for announcements that are related to the "Brave GNU World"
and is of very low volume (between 1 and 2 mails a month).
The 17th issue covers the following topics:
* France and Free Software (some sad & good news about the
political situation in france)
* e:doc (a very interesting GUI based text
* GNU Parted (managing partitions & imaging disks)
* Direct GNU Sponsoring (about the funding of Free Software)
* Why Texinfo? (why should the average user make use
of GNU Texinfo?)
* Forging of the Copyright? (why it is very unlikely for a
developer to forge a copyright)
This column intends to provide a forum for all GNU maintainers,
friends and associates and I am always open to suggestions. So if
* have questions about the GNU Project that might be of general
* have a GNU Project and would like to improve its profile
* would like to start a GNU Project you are looking for people
to start it with
* think something doesn't get the publicity it deserves
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.