17th Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU forumAug 21, 2000, 09:21 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Georg Greve)
From: "Georg C. F. Greve"
Issue #17 of the column is now online and it can - as usual - be found on the GNU Webpage and its mirrors. Otherwise just follow the links at the end of this posting.
Georg's Brave GNU World is a monthly column which is being released simultaneously in five languages (English, German, French, Japanese and Spanish) on the web and printed in the German "Linux-Magazin" as well as the "Linux Magazine France." This makes it the monthly column with the widest distribution worldwide as far as I know.
If you would like to receive mail about new issues directly, you can subscribe to the "Brave GNU World" announcement mailinglist. Just send mail to with "subscribe" in the *body*. The mailinglist is only for announcements that are related to the "Brave GNU World" and is of very low volume (between 1 and 2 mails a month).
The 17th issue covers the following topics:
* France and Free Software (some sad & good news about the political situation in france) * e:doc (a very interesting GUI based text processor) * GNU Parted (managing partitions & imaging disks) * Direct GNU Sponsoring (about the funding of Free Software) * Why Texinfo? (why should the average user make use of GNU Texinfo?) * Forging of the Copyright? (why it is very unlikely for a developer to forge a copyright)This column intends to provide a forum for all GNU maintainers, friends and associates and I am always open to suggestions. So if you
* have questions about the GNU Project that might be of general interest
* have a GNU Project and would like to improve its profile
* would like to start a GNU Project you are looking for people to start it with
* think something doesn't get the publicity it deserves
* would like to see something made public
send mail to:
"Brave GNU World firstname.lastname@example.org"
This column is for everyone with an interest in Free Software, so don´t hesitate to contact me if your project is under the GPL/LGPL and you´d like to see it introduced here.
The 17th issue can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-17.en.html [ English version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-17.fr.html [ French version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-17.de.html [ German version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-17.ja.html [ Japanese version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/issue-17.es.html [ Spanish version ]
or via the "Brave GNU World" homepage
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.en.html [ English version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.fr.html [ French version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.de.html [ German version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.ja.html [ Japanese version ]
http://www.gnu.org/brave-gnu-world/brave-gnu-world.es.html [ Spanish version ]
That´s it for now...