AppWatch: BIND 9.0.0 released
Sep 17, 2000, 15:39 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by John D. Rowell)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to John D.
Rowell for this link. ]
"BIND version 9 is a major rewrite of nearly all
aspects of the underlying BIND architecture. Some of the important
features of BIND 9 are:
- DNS Security: DNSSEC (signed zones), TSIG (signed DNS
- IP version 6: Answers DNS queries on IPv6 sockets, IPv6
resource records (A6, DNAME, etc.), Bitstring Labels, Experimental
IPv6 Resolver Library
- DNS Protocol Enhancements: IXFR, DDNS, Notify, EDNS0, Improved
- Views: One server process can provide multiple "views" of the
DNS namespace, e.g. an "inside" view to certain clients, and an
"outside" view to others;
- Multiprocessor Support
- Improved Portability Architecture"
You can check the relevant links here
is also a history
of changes (since the last beta and during the full beta period).