AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup: September 20, 2000
Sep 21, 2000, 00:13 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"A big week for news on the embedded Linux front: Sun's $2
billion Linux play, more stuff on the TiVo, a look at Yopy running
Heretic, Bayonne sets its sights on voice over IP, and and the
answer to what a dwarf penguin is doing among the giants at the
- "TiVo, TV Your Way", is a must-read look at hacking the device.
This feature includes photos and descriptions of everything you
need to tap the PowerPC-based Linux box lurking under the
- The GNU digital telphony project 'Bayonne' has reached
milestone #5, making voice over IP functionality the next step.
David Sugar announced the milestone.
- In the "that'll be interesting to see" department, a CNET piece
hinted that Royal, makers of the DaVinci handheld (a low-cost
alternative to the Palm), might be going Linux, too.
- Was there more? Yes, there was. Be sure to stop by the site's
main page and take a look: we reported on announcements of a new
embedded Linux platform for set-top devices, some interesting facts
on the why's and how's of real-time Linux, and found a provocative
article from the Washington Post asking whether WAP is already
- AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup: September 13, 2000(Sep 13, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup: September 6, 2000(Sep 06, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup: August 30, 2000(Aug 30, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup, August 23, 2000(Aug 23, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Weekly Roundup, August 16, 2000(Aug 16, 2000)