FreeOS.com: Getting on the net with WvDial
Oct 14, 2000, 15:35 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mayank Sarup)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Mayank
for this link. ]
"Getting on to the Internet meant working with chat scripts and
debugging them when things went wrong. Not very newbie friendly.
WvDial is easy to setup and a lot easier to use too."
"If you wanted to get on to the net with Linux then you had to
write scripts and mess around with various files and options there.
WvDial is the answer to all all your connection problems.
Connecting with WvDial is a short and pleasant process. WvDial is
an intelligent dialer so you don't have to waste your time
debugging chat scripts for various ISPs. If like me, you are on
more than one ISP, then you will appreciate this feature."
"In typical Linux fashion, it is a command line program but
in atypical fashion, it is rather user-friendly. With WvDial, I was
on to the Internet in 5 mins. No scripts. The username, password
and phone number are all you need."
- LinuxLookup.com: PPP / WvDial Guide(Jun 24, 2000)
- FreeBSD.org: Dialup firewalling with FreeBSD(Jun 12, 2000)
- Joshua Drake: PPP-HOWTO Beta 1 - Request for Feedback(Jun 06, 2000)
- Cork LUG: Security for the dial-up user [Portsentry review](Apr 03, 2000)
- Linux-Mandrake Demo & Tutorial Center News: kppp tutorial.(Mar 26, 2000)
- LinuxHelp.net: Using KPPP with ISPs in the UK(Feb 28, 2000)
- PRNewswire: Dialtone Internet First to Offer Set Up Of Linux Dedicated Systems in 30 Minutes or Less(Jan 28, 2000)
- Linuxnewbie.org: Getting Connected to the Internet with KPPP(Dec 27, 1999)
- Linux Help.net: New PPPoE (ADSL) Guide(Dec 20, 1999)
- Linux Dial-in Server Setup Guide(Feb 07, 1999)