Matthias Elter: KDE 2 Released to Packagers
Oct 16, 2000, 11:56 (8 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Matthias Elter)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
From the KDE Developer Mailing List:
Subject: Tag moved for release
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:44:27 +0200
From: Matthias Elter
I have moved the KDE_2_0_RELEASE tag to HEAD a few minutes ago. This marks
the deadline for the 2.0 release. I will now prepare a set of tarballs which
will be release to the packagers later today.
In case any _critical_ bugs are found in the tarballs, the tag will be moved
for single commits tonight. Drop me a mail but for _critical_ fixes only.
kde-i18n has been tagged KDE_2_0_RELEASE, too.
There is a pending lock on kdenetwork so I could not move the tag for it yet.
P.S.: The plan is to wait a few (2-3) days until HEAD is openend for 2.1
commits and a KDE_2_0 branch for security updates and critical fixes is
- MachineOfTheMonth: An in-depth review of Kandidat [KDE2 RC 1](Oct 16, 2000)
- KDE Desktop 2.0 Final Release Candidate Available for Linux(Oct 12, 2000)
- KDE.org: Improving KDE Public Relations(Oct 12, 2000)
- Matthias Elter: KDE 2 Release Delayed One Week, to October 23(Oct 10, 2000)
- Matthias Elter: KDE 2.0 Tagged for CVS Release(Oct 02, 2000)
- KDE News: Update on KOffice Development(Oct 01, 2000)
- KDE.com: Report from first KDE documentation and localization meeting(Sep 29, 2000)
- Matthias Elter: KDE 2 Release Schedule(Sep 26, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: From the Desktop: Fishing For the Right Envionment(Sep 18, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: .comment: A (P)review of KDE2(Aug 02, 2000)