LinuxToday.com.au: What will MandrakeSoft pull out of it's sleeve next?
Nov 15, 2000, 11:01 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by hawkeyes)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to renai43 for this link.
"MandrakeSoft is an Innovator. MandrakeSoft is the producer and
publisher of the Linux-Mandrake GNU/Linux distribution.
Linux-Mandrake was originally based upon the Red Hat Linux
distribution , and still utilises the rpm format, and many other
Red Hat derived products. These make it easy for a Red Hat user
(lauded as one of the best beginner's distributions), to switch
over to Mandrake- many of the features are the same or similar as
"MandrakeSoft is an Evangelist. Recently, two releases from
MandrakeSoft's co-founder, Gael Duval , have caught the media's
eye. The first was published on August 4th of this year, coinciding
with the tension between the KDE and GNOME camps. Gael's response
to this tension was to call for a 'cease-fire' between the camps,
reminding developers from both camps that "Free Software equals
Diversity", and pointing out that all development helps Linux,
regardless of whether it is under the Qt or GTK toolkits...."
"MandrakeSoft is an open source Employer. Following the recent
trend of Linux companies to employ open source developers for
in-house expertise, MandrakeSoft has recently hired Jay Beale, the
Lead Developer of the Bastille Linux Project , a project designed
at creating a 'hardening' application for Red Hat Linux systems. By
default Red Hat Linux has several insecure areas, and Bastille
Linux attempts to address these issues...."
- LinuxPR: MandrakeSoft hires Bastille Unix Security guru Jay Beale
(Nov 13, 2000)
- NewsForge: The unofficial Mandrake Linux page(Nov 11, 2000)
- LinuxPR: MandrakeSoft's New Release Fulfills Promise of Complete, Fully-Graphical Linux OS(Nov 10, 2000)
- Linux.com: Setting Up Networking in Linux: Mandrake(Nov 09, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: DistributionWatch Review: Linux-Mandrake 7.2(Nov 01, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Linux-Mandrake 7.2 "Odyssey" now available for download [Official Announcement]
(Oct 30, 2000)
- Linux Orbit: Making Linux Work in the Workplace: Installing Linux Mandrake 7.1(Oct 27, 2000)
- Community: Mandrake's Gael Duval Responds to Bill Gates regarding Linux and Open Source(Sep 18, 2000)
- RootPrompt.org: Securing Linux Mandrake(Aug 21, 2000)
- Linux Magazine: Q and A with Mandrakesoft's new CEO(Aug 07, 2000)
- PC World: MandrakeSoft Makes Linux Easy(Jul 27, 2000)