Upside: Netscape's open source browser ready at last
Nov 15, 2000, 21:53 (11 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Matt Berger)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Just when you thought the browser wars were over, Netscape
Communications comes back kicking."
"Netscape 6 is based on the Netscape Gecko browser engine, an
ongoing technology that has evolved to support a number of Web
standards, opperating systems and platforms."
"Netscape built its newest browser based on open standards, a
process that spanned more than two years and enlisted the help of
thousands of open source geeks."
"While those who tested Netscape 6 in its beta versions as part
of the company's Mozilla project embraced the process, it also has
created a lot of critics."
- LinuxPR: Netscape Launches Groundbreaking Netscape 6 Browser
(Nov 15, 2000)
- LinuxPlanet: Netscape 6 for Linux: Flashy Looks, Little Substance(Nov 15, 2000)
- CWSApps: Netscape 6 [Review](Nov 15, 2000)
- ZDNet: Netscape 6 sets a new standard(Nov 15, 2000)
- The Standard/Reuters: Will Netscape 6 Pack a Punch?(Nov 15, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Netscape 6 finally ships after 32-month gestation(Nov 14, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Netscape Navigator 6.0 to Fail Standards Compliance: An Update(Nov 10, 2000)
- O'Reilly Network: Netscape Navigator 6.0 to Fail Standards Compliance(Nov 10, 2000)
- ZDNet UK: Experts argue over Netscape 6.0(Nov 09, 2000)