Ciol.com/Reuters (India): Red Hat taps local business with Indian JV
Nov 16, 2000, 09:18 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Harry for
this link. ]
"Red Hat Inc, one of the best known distributors of Linux
software, has formed an Indian joint venture to boost sales in the
country's expanding market, a senior company official said."
"US-based Red Hat has tied up with Clover Technologies Pvt.
Ltd., an Indian software company to form Red Hat India Pvt.
"We have operated with small distributors but we found that
if we have to expand the market, we need to be present to deploy
larger resources," Andy Dickens, Red Hat's sales director for
Europe, Middle East and Africa told Reuters late on Tuesday, by
telephone from London."
- Ciol.com (India): Why Linux companies go broke?(Nov 12, 2000)
- PC Quest (India): A Firewall for Linux with Ipchains(Nov 12, 2000)
- Times of India: German Linux firm SuSE testing Indian waters(Nov 10, 2000)
- Times of India: Linux lines up to bridge digital divide(Nov 06, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: FreeOS Spreading the Linux Word from India(Oct 31, 2000)
- FreeOS.com: Open source movement key for Internet growth in India(Oct 30, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: Linux Taking Hold in India(Oct 18, 2000)
- Linux-India.org: Popularizing Linux in India at IT.COM 2000(Oct 18, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Linux Community of India to participate in Bangalore IT.COM 2000
(Oct 11, 2000)
- India.CNET.com: The Linux Gospel: Closing the Digital Divide in India(Oct 11, 2000)