Linux.com: XMMS Plugins
Dec 07, 2000, 19:34 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Phil Kerr)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"There are now several Linux mp3 players to choose from, one of
the more popular being XMMS, the X Multimedia System. One of its
strengths is that it allows you to extend its functionality by
using plugins. The plugin control panel can be opened from the
menu: -> options -> preferences, or by Control P. There are
several categories of plugins:
- Audio input/output- enables you to use different input and
output devices and options.
- Effects- alter the tonal qualities of the sound.
- Visualization- provides visual feedback and effects.
- Misc. & General- Other bits that don't fit into the
- Skins- allow you to customize the appearance of XMMS."
"Plugins must be enabled before you can use them. To enable a
plugin we first select it from the list, and if needed configure
it, and click on enable plugin."
"Firstly, let's look the plugins that should have come with