LinuxWorld: Linux printing made easy, Part 3 - CUPS configuration via the KDE/QT interfaces
Dec 08, 2000, 14:51 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joshua Drake)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"CUPS's basic install does not include a graphical client.
It includes only command-line utilities and a Web-based interface,
which works well and has many capabilities. However, you might
sometimes prefer to use a native KDE interface. (If you prefer
GNOME, please see Resources for some GNOME interfaces.)"
"Since my last column, I have given up on Red Hat 6.2 and moved
to Mandrake 7.2. I use Mandrake at home, but I had standardized the
office on Red Hat. After running Mandrake 7.2 for about a month, my
office setup is about to change. One reason I prefer Mandrake 7.2
is that it comes with CUPS; this has saved folks a lot of time when
"Mandrake installs two packages with the basic CUPS
distributions: qtcups and kups. qtcups is required for kups to
work. If you don't run KDE, you can use qtcups without kups to
graphically configure CUPS. I will not describe qtcups in much
detail here, but will instead focus on kups."
- LinuxWorld.com: Lexmark on Linux - Find out how the Z52 and its proprietary drivers stack up against Gimp-Print(Dec 07, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Linux printing made easy: Part 2 - Configuring CUPS -- even for unsupported printers(Nov 23, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Linux printing made easy - Our CUPS runneth over(Nov 10, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Hi-res printing with Gimp-Print - Open drivers rival their proprietary forbears(Nov 09, 2000)
- LinuxPR: Lexmark first to offer Linux driver for consumer inkjet printers
(Nov 06, 2000)
- Grant Taylor: Open Letter to Linux Vendors, Developers and Admins: Line Printer Daemon Must Die!(Nov 01, 2000)
- Internet Printing Protocol tested in Bake-Off No. 3(Nov 01, 2000)
- LinuxPR: O'Reilly releases "Network Printing"
(Oct 20, 2000)
- OSFaq.com: How to install a Linux File/Print Server on your Windows Network [with Samba](Oct 15, 2000)
- LanSystems.com: Local and Remote Printing In Linux (Tutorial)(Oct 08, 2000)