UNIXReview.com: The Shell Corner [Inaugural edition... win money for shell scripts]
Dec 17, 2000, 19:30 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ed Schaefer)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Welcome to the inaugural edition of the Shell Corner column.
The premise of Shell Corner is simple: You, the Unix
professional send in your favorite Unix shell script and each month
UnixReview.com will publish a selected script in this column. I
will evaluate the submissions and award each winner $100.00
courtesy of UnixReview.com. What could be more simple?"
"Joe Casad, UnixReview.com senior editor, wanted a "shell guru"
to author this column, but ended up with me instead. My experience
is mostly as a Unix business applications programmer and not as a
systems administrator. I feel my attitude is more minimalist than
most, and my script evaulations are certain to reflect this. I
enjoy scripts that are (relatively) easy to read and well
documented. If I have trouble reading a script, chances are I'll
quickly go to the next one."
"What are the limitations on script submissions? I can think of
no limitation, other than length. Use any of the Unix tools such as
Perl, awk, sed, etc, as well as high level languages, such as C or
C++. I'll even struggle through assembler if you will."
- Canada Computes: Learning The Bash Shell [Book Review](Dec 16, 2000)
- Deadman.org: Becoming More Advanced in the Bash Shell
(Nov 19, 2000)
- NorthernJourney.com: Linux for Newbies: Shell Scripting(Oct 16, 2000)
- FreeOS.com: Linux shell script tutorial(Oct 10, 2000)
- Linux.com: Shell Scripting(Oct 01, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: Introduction to Shell Scripting(Sep 23, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: Variable Mangling in Bash with String Operators(Sep 23, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: The Deep, Dark Secrets of Bash(Jul 08, 2000)
- Linux Journal: LINUX & UNIX Shell Programming [Book Review](Jun 25, 2000)
- Linuxnewbie.org: Bash Programming Cheat Sheet(Jun 14, 2000)
- About.com: Basic BASH Scripting(May 28, 2000)