UNIXReview.com: The Shell Corner [Inaugural edition... win money for shell scripts]
Dec 17, 2000, 19:30 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ed Schaefer)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Welcome to the inaugural edition of the Shell Corner column.
The premise of Shell Corner is simple: You, the Unix
professional send in your favorite Unix shell script and each month
UnixReview.com will publish a selected script in this column. I
will evaluate the submissions and award each winner $100.00
courtesy of UnixReview.com. What could be more simple?"
"Joe Casad, UnixReview.com senior editor, wanted a "shell guru"
to author this column, but ended up with me instead. My experience
is mostly as a Unix business applications programmer and not as a
systems administrator. I feel my attitude is more minimalist than
most, and my script evaulations are certain to reflect this. I
enjoy scripts that are (relatively) easy to read and well
documented. If I have trouble reading a script, chances are I'll
quickly go to the next one."
"What are the limitations on script submissions? I can think of
no limitation, other than length. Use any of the Unix tools such as
Perl, awk, sed, etc, as well as high level languages, such as C or
C++. I'll even struggle through assembler if you will."
- Canada Computes: Learning The Bash Shell [Book Review](Dec 16, 2000)
- Deadman.org: Becoming More Advanced in the Bash Shell
(Nov 19, 2000)
- NorthernJourney.com: Linux for Newbies: Shell Scripting(Oct 16, 2000)
- FreeOS.com: Linux shell script tutorial(Oct 10, 2000)
- Linux.com: Shell Scripting(Oct 01, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: Introduction to Shell Scripting(Sep 23, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: Variable Mangling in Bash with String Operators(Sep 23, 2000)
- Linux Gazette: The Deep, Dark Secrets of Bash(Jul 08, 2000)
- Linux Journal: LINUX & UNIX Shell Programming [Book Review](Jun 25, 2000)
- Linuxnewbie.org: Bash Programming Cheat Sheet(Jun 14, 2000)
- About.com: Basic BASH Scripting(May 28, 2000)