Announce: MySQL 3.23.30-gamma is now released
Jan 05, 2001, 17:46 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Michael Widenius)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 11:57:38 +0200 (EET)
From: Michael Widenius firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: MySQL 3.23.30-gamma
MySQL 3.23.30-gamma is now released.
Because of some extended (but tested) changes in the Berkeley DB
interface we decided to still call this release gamma. If nothing
shows up in the next few days we will make a new release without
the gamma prefix to mark that MYSQL 3.23 is now officially ready
for production (even if it has been that in practice very stable
for a long time).
The BDB tables now passes our benchmark suite so things are
looking good. We are however still aware of a couple of problems
involving BDB tables and a big table_cache, but hopefully this
should be solved soon.
The main reason why 3.23.30 was delayed a bit was that we added
a full test suite to the MySQL distribution and it took a long time
to finetune this to work on all our supported platforms.
If you are testing BDB tables, we recommend you to upgrade to
Changes in release 3.23.30
- Fixed that `myisamchk -k#' works again.
- Fixed a problem with replication when the binary log file went
over 2G on 32 bit systems.
- `LOCK TABLES' will now automaticly start a new
- Changed BDB tables to not use internal subtransactions and
reuse open files to get more speed.
- Added option `--mysqld=#' to `safe_mysqld'
- Allow hex constants in the `--fields-*-by' and
`--lines-terminated-by' options to `mysqldump' and `mysqlimport'.
By Paul DuBois.
- Added option `--safe-show-databases'.
- Added `have_bdb', `have_gemini', `have_innobase', `have_raid'
and `have_ssl' to `SHOW VARIABLES' to make it easy to test for
- Added option `open-files-limit' to `mysqld'.
- Changed option `open-files' to `open-files-limit' in
- Item fixed a bug where some rows where not found with `HEAP'
tables that had many keys.
- Fixed that `--bdb-no-sync' works.
- Changed `--bdb-recover' to `--bdb-no-recover' as recover should
be on by default.
- Changed the default number of BDB locks to 10000.
- Fixed a bug from 3.23.29 when allocating the shared structure
needed for BDB tables.
- Changed `mysqld_multi.sh' to use configure variables. Patch by
- Added fixing of include files for Solaris 2.8.
- Fixed bug with `--skip-networking' on Debian Linux.
- Fixed problem that some temporary files where reported as
having the name `UNOPENED' in error messages.
- Fixed bug when running two simultaneous `SHOW LOGS'
(HTML encoding added.)
- DevShed: Speaking SQL (part 1)(Dec 31, 2000)
- [Announce] New version of mysqlgui(Dec 28, 2000)
- SearchEnterpriseLinux.com: Open source database developers see bright future(Dec 20, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Open source databases establishing footholds(Dec 19, 2000)
- MySQL 3.23.29 released(Dec 19, 2000)
- PostgreSQL, Inc. Open Letter to the PostgreSQL Global Development Project(Dec 16, 2000)
- WebTechniques: MySQL + Transactions = MaxSQL(Dec 16, 2000)
- WebTechniques: PostgreSQL: Taking E-Business Up a Notch(Dec 15, 2000)
- Apache Today: NuSphere Offers Commercial Support for MySQL(Dec 13, 2000)
- PHPeveryWhere: Simulating Transactions in MySQL(Sep 26, 2000)