Dr. Dobbs' Journal: A Roundtable on BSD, Security, and Quality
Jan 07, 2001, 21:30 (20 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack J. Woehr)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"...DDJ: What's the main difference between BSD
"WL: The strong central source repository. You
know what you're building. With Linux, "You need this, and you
need this, and get this somewhere else, and today we just
discovered that you need these twelve patches." There's no way to
keep up with that. It's crazy-making."
"With the BSDs, you synchronize to the sources, "make world" or
"make build", and you know exactly what's running on your machine.
From a security point of view, that's good."
- LinuxMonth: Open Source Licenses Explained(Jan 01, 2001)
- webTechniques: Is FreeBSD a Superior Server Platform to Linux?
(Dec 18, 2000)
- BSD Today: Interview with BSDi on proactive BSD/OS security(Dec 14, 2000)
- Slashdot: Interview with Theo de Raadt [of OpenBSD](Dec 12, 2000)
- Dr. Dobbs: The Future of OpenBSD: A Conversation with Theo de Raadt
(Dec 10, 2000)
- ZDNet: Why I use OpenBSD(Dec 05, 2000)
- Upside: BSD community learns to get along
(Dec 01, 2000)
- ZDNet: BSD to leapfrog Linux?(Nov 30, 2000)
- MacWeek.com: Is Darwin getting due respect?
(Nov 27, 2000)
- Tucows BSD News: BSD gets political(Oct 22, 2000)
- RootPrompt.org: Sniping at OpenBSD(Oct 09, 2000)