LinuxWorld: Cool new products at the Expo
Feb 02, 2001, 09:41 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joshua Drake)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"As I made my way to the back of the Jacob K. Javits Convention
Center, I planned to grab the usual swag from some of the larger
companies. A gentleman in a red suit was talking about Red Hat 7.0.
A conference attendee asked why kernel 2.4 for Red Hat was not out
yet. The response was classic, and I had to leave the booth for
fear of causing a small scene. The red-suited man basically stated
that they had not shipped the 2.4 kernel for their distribution
because of the long list of bugs (eight pages, according to him)
that 2.4.0 has been found to have. My question for Red Hat is, "If
you have such stringent quality assurance, why did you ship Red Hat
"I worked my way around the corner to some of the other vendors.
Before I list them, I must announce one thing: Borland's Kylix is
out. Yes, Kylix is out."
"If there is one thing that's hard to notice in the current
Linux climate, it is embedded systems. I found a little gem called
NeoLinux that is binary-compatible with Red Hat Linux. It can be a
standard Citrix thin client, or you can run any number of Linux
applications written for Red Hat Linux. NeoLinux also features
remote update and management capabilities."
"I took a quick right turn and found myself at Helix Code. Oops,
I mean "Ximian." Could they have picked a worse name? I grabbed a
CD that contained GNOME 1.2 and all the updates as of Jan. 2, 2001.
I can always use another coaster."
- LinuxWorld: The new feel of LinuxWorld Expo(Feb 02, 2001)
- Dean Pannell aka Dinotrac: Linuxworld 2001: Hope, angst and karma(Feb 01, 2001)
- LWN: LinuxWorld NY 2001 - Wednesday Summary(Feb 01, 2001)
- NewsForge: LinuxWorld journal: Reporter charting a course for bounty(Feb 01, 2001)
- ZDNet UK: Linux comes in 188 delicious flavours, and forking like this is good(Feb 01, 2001)
- InfoWorld: Brains battle at LinuxWorld Expo's Golden Penguin Bowl(Feb 01, 2001)
- Lou's Views: Barbarians in Tuxedoes(Jan 31, 2001)
- Smart Partner: LinuxWorld 2001 - The Best Is Yet To Come(Jan 31, 2001)
- LinuxWorld: Worlds collide at Linux-on-the-Hudson(Jan 30, 2001)
- CNET News.com: LinuxWorld shows software entering adulthood(Jan 30, 2001)
- LinuxWorld: What to expect at the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo - Where Linux is whatever you want it to be(Jan 30, 2001)