LinuxMedNews: Fresno III: Commercial Model Has Failed
Feb 08, 2001, 07:26 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Saint)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Saint
for this link. ]
"Fresno III was recently held to discuss free and open source
medical software....Some of the highlights of the meeting where as
- Agreement reached that commercial model of software development
in family medicine/general practice has failed.
- Continued collaboration and partnership is advantageous.
- A model for patient involvement with the EHR was agreed.
- A framework for further international collaboration has been
achieved, although funding sources remain to be secured.
- Specific aspects of primary care computerization needs are
better met in the UK than the USA and vice versa, though neither
fully reflects the concepts identified in GEHR (Good Electronic