Digital Civilization: Microsoft interview (sort of)
Mar 04, 2001, 17:41 (5 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Chris Hill for this link.
"You know, recently Microsoft has been issuing a set of
contradictory statements, to which we were trying to get a
clarification and interview with Jim Allchin, head of Windows
Development for Microsoft."
"Well, here are the questions we wanted to ask Mr.
"Why does Microsoft, which you state is putting out a stable OS,
say that Open Source is destroying innovation when the US Justice
Department is looking into Microsoft destroying innovation?"
- Community: Microsoft's New Strategy Against Open Source(Mar 05, 2001)
- osOpinion: Memo to Microsoft: Stop Attacking Linux(Mar 02, 2001)
- O'Reilly Network: Tim O'Reilly: Shuttle Diplomacy Between Allchin and Stallman(Mar 01, 2001)
- osOpinion: Understanding Fear of the Gnu(Mar 01, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Lou's Views: Playing Hardball with Microsoft(Feb 28, 2001)
- eWeek: Stop, you're killing me! MS's Allchin's remarks as stand-up comedy(Feb 26, 2001)
- Wired: On the Wrong Side of History [Red Hat's CEO Matthew Szulik on Microsoft's Recent Comments](Feb 26, 2001)
- LinuxToday.com.au: Is Linux Un-Australian?(Feb 26, 2001)
- Linux Journal: Are Linux and Open Source Un-American?(Feb 22, 2001)
- Salon: Life, liberty and the pursuit of free software(Feb 19, 2001)
- Tracy Reed: My Un-American Essay; a response to MS exec, Jim Allchin(Feb 17, 2001)
- Craig Burton: Free Advice to Jim Allchin: Get a Clue, Get a Plan(Feb 17, 2001)
- Rant Mode Equals One: The Linux Reality Versus the Microsoft Dream
(Feb 16, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft Executive Says Linux Threatens Innovation(Feb 15, 2001)