GNU/Linux VCR HOWTO: A Quick Guide to Using Your Linux Machine as a VCR
Mar 06, 2001, 12:45 (29 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Twivel)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Twivel
for this link. ]
"Setting up a Linux VCR turned out to be a bit easier than I
thought it would, but it did take a little time and research. I
decided to publish my results so others would benefit from the
research I've done. There are probably many other ways to do this
under Linux, I just happened to get these tools to work well for
- A TV Tuner card supported by video4linux. I have a Hauppauge
- avifile-0.53.5/ the Win32 codec video player for linux.
- The VCR 1.04 Frame grabbing program.
- A kernel configured to use your TV Tuner Card (bttv in my
- The xawtv package that comes with most linux distributions.