FreeOS.com: Psudo root!
Mar 18, 2001, 13:46 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Chandrashekhar Bhosle)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Chandrashekhar
Bhosle for this link. ]
"If you wonder about safely allowing a user to run a program on
your Unix box requiring root privileges and feel uneasy about
options like sharing the root password or using setuid bits then
sudo is the program for you."
"A common problem faced is allowing non root users to dial and
establish a connection to the Internet."
"An easy and safe solution with sudo, assuming you use wvdial,
is to put the following line in /etc/sudoers...."
- LinuxMonth: Sudo and other ways to avoid root!
(Dec 10, 2000)
- Net-Security.org: Suid programs, getting to the root of the problem(Oct 16, 2000)
- osOpinion: Linux Security, or Rather, the Lack Thereof(Sep 21, 2000)
- Linux.com: Delegating Limited Superuser Access with Sudo(Jun 30, 2000)
- LANSystems.com: Sudo installation and configuration guide(Jun 17, 2000)
- BSD Today: Delegating superuser tasks with sudo(Jun 09, 2000)
- Security Portal: Securing your root account with Linux(Jun 07, 1999)
- Performance Computing: Top Open-Source Security Tools For UNIX(Jun 01, 1999)