Tonight Live: SquirrelMail, SourceForge >> On the Linux Show!
Mar 20, 2001, 17:56 (0 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Jeff
Gerhardt for this link. ]
Tuesday, March 20th, 2001
Tonight LIVE on www.thelinuxshow.com
At 6pm pst, 7pm rmt, 8pm cst, and 9pm east.... Kevin Hill, Jeff
Gerhardt, PJ Hyett, Doc Searls(Linux Journal), Arne Flones and
Emmett Plant(Binary Freedom) have another great show lined up
tonight on The Linux Show!!
In Segment One - Hot News: We will be covering
the hot Linux news of the week. Including an update on our live
broadcast from Spring Comdex and more "poop" on Linuxgruven.
In Segments Two- A Year in the Life of an Open Source
Project: SquirrelMail- is featured in a new monthly
spotlight segment designed to pass along information about Open
Source project management for individuals and businesses
considering taking that step.
We will be joined by Luke Ehresman & Paul Joseph
Thompson, some of the lead guys working on the
SquirrelMail Open Source project. In this new
monthly spotlight of Open Source development teams we will discus a
wide mix of topics associated with getting an Open Source project
underway, and managing its progress as you move down the road. We
will discuss the history behind the SquirrelMail project, evaluate
the progress, and prognosticate on what the future looks like
another year down the path
SquirrelMail is a standards-based webmail
package written in PHP4. It includes built-in pure PHP support for
the IMAP and SMTP protocols, and all pages render in pure HTML 4.0
has very few requirements and seems to be easy to configure and
install. SquirrelMail has a all the functionality you would want
from an email client, including strong MIME support, address books,
and folder manipulation.
In Segments Three - Source Forge The Open
Source project management resource. We will be joined by
Patrick McGovern Director, SourceForge.net Open
Source project development resource web site. We will do quick tour
of the feature set of SourceForge and discuss feedback from the
developer community. Luke and Paul from SquirrelMail will join this
segment and discuss how they used the SourceForge web site project
tools to help on their project.
Other opinions are welcome. If you would like to join
us on the show, check our IRC Chat (irc.thelinuxshow.com
Remember tune in at 6pm pst, 7pm rmt, 8pm cst, and 9pm est.
Catch the Linux show at www.thelinuxshow.com
- Tonight Live: Bruce Perens Open Up about OpenMail >> On The Linux Show!!(Mar 13, 2001)
- Tonight Live: Open Source Author Russ Pavlicek; is Caldera getting out of Linux? >> The Linux Show(Mar 06, 2001)
- Tonight Live: The death of a Linux Mag, Stupid MPAA tricks, The Lazarus development environment(Feb 27, 2001)
- Tonight Live: Eric Raymond on Guns, Food, and the updated "Cathedral & the Bazaar" >> On The Linux Show(Feb 20, 2001)
- Tonight Live: NAPSTER and more about the BSA and Black Helicopters >> On The Linux Show(Feb 13, 2001)
- Tonight Live: The Best of Linux World. Plus, is the SBA the "Digital SS"? >>On The Linux Show(Feb 06, 2001)