TecTracks: Linux: The Cons -- Is It Time For Armageddon?
Mar 22, 2001, 08:58 (33 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tim Kirchner)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"As discontent for Microsoft's alleged monopoly over the
software market rises, enthusiasm toward the Linux operating system
grows. Since Linux provides powerful and economic solutions,
particularly for Web servers, some people go one step further and
ask, 'When will Microsoft be overthrown?'"
"Instead, I prefer to ask, 'Is Linux truly wonderful?'"
"In spite of its stable efficiency, Linux will not be running on
my primary machine any time soon. Many hardware items--video cards,
sound cards, modems--lack Linux drivers. Likewise, OEM support for
current and prospective Linux users suffers."
- TecTracks: Linux: The Pros -- The Penguin Wears Armor(Mar 21, 2001)
- Wired: Game Arrives Only in Dreams(Mar 14, 2001)
- NewsForge: Linux people don't need to be protected(Feb 28, 2001)
- In Context: Follow the Money; Cathedral Investments in the Bazaar(Oct 20, 2000)
- Ciol.com (India): Why Linux companies go broke?(Nov 13, 2000)
- FreeOS.com: The rich Robin Hood(Oct 19, 2000)
- Australian Financial Review: Linux down as Microsoft holds up(May 30, 2000)
- Linux Magazine: Investing For All the Wrong Reasons(May 28, 2000)
- Linux.com: Money and Free Software(Apr 08, 2000)
- SRO: Where's The $$$ In Open Source?(Mar 28, 2000)
- Money.com: Can Linux prosper?(Jan 26, 2000)