CNET News.com: Transmeta's Crusoe to power Microsoft tablet PC
Mar 26, 2001, 09:27 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by John G. Spooner)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation
"Tablet PC is a notebook PC-based computer designed to allow PC
users to use a more natural way of interacting with a computer. At
the same time, Tablet PC will remain connected to the Internet or
the office network, even if the user is only moving down the hall
to a meeting room or the café."
"Tablet PC packs a new pen-based user interface, along with
handwriting recognition software into a portable form factor. When
not being toted around, the device rest in a cradle on a user's
desk and connects to a full size keyboard and mouse...."
"The success of Tablet PC could certainly help Transmeta.
However, despite its role as processor provider for the demo units,
Transmeta is not claiming to be the exclusive processor provider
for Tablet PC."
"Instead, Transmeta's David Ditzel, vice chairman and chief
technology officer, exudes the confidence that his chip is the
right choice, among several. As far as he is concerned, Crusoe is
the only chip "that could give (Microsoft) the long battery life
and the performance" needed for the Tablet PC."
- LinuxDevices.com: A developer's perspective on Transmeta's Midori Linux(Mar 17, 2001)
- Wired: Transmeta Takes Linux Plunge(Mar 14, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Casio, NEC to usher Crusoe notebooks into U.S.(Mar 09, 2001)
- Transmeta Announces New Executive Structure(Mar 02, 2001)
- NewsForge: The next Linux: A mobile version - from Transmeta(Mar 01, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Rebel.com releases first Transmeta-based server(Feb 21, 2001)
- The Register: Transmeta powers 'pearly pink' PC for Hello Kitty(Feb 20, 2001)
- The Register: WinXP to include support for Transmeta Crusoe chips(Feb 20, 2001)
- Smart Business: Abandon Chip?; Transmeta's Crusoe in Trouble?(Feb 13, 2001)
- TechWeb: Transmeta To Launch 1-GHz Crusoe This Year(Feb 02, 2001)
- CNBC.com: AMD buying Transmeta?(Jan 26, 2001)