Linux Weekly News for May 24, 2001
May 25, 2001, 23:16 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Inside this week's Linux Weekly News:
- Front Page: Mandrake shakeup and licensing vigilance.
- Security: Code scanners, defacements get too numerous and SDMI
- Kernel: ioctl considered harmful; open-time options; ext3 on
- Distributions: Caldera Professional Services Offerings; New US
Linux market figures.
- On the Desktop: Automated installers, icon removal and KDE
- Development: Python Documentation, a new LyX, Using Stunnel,
Apache 1.3.20, GCC 3.0 coming soon,
- Perl and the :CueCat.
- Commerce: GNOME 1.4 for Solaris; VA Linux posts third-quarter
- History: Three years ago - LSB proposed; two years ago -
Mandrake's future; one year ago - Lineo files
- for IPO.
- Letters: Linux backup solutions; desktop icons.
- Linux Weekly News for April 19, 2001(Apr 20, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for April 12, 2001(Apr 12, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for April 5, 2001(Apr 06, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for March 29, 2001(Mar 29, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for March 22, 2001(Mar 22, 2001)