Linux Weekly News for June 14, 2001
Jun 14, 2001, 12:54 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for June 14, 2001 has been
Inside this week's Linux Weekly News:
- Front Page: GNUCash dependencies, more MS FUD, and survey
- Security: Non-executable stack and heap implementations, new
vulnerabilities in LPRng, xfs, gdm, xinetd, exim, fcron and
- Kernel: 2.4.6pre3; the limits of what modules can do; kernel
- Distributions: 217 Distributions and counting ...
- On the Desktop: Usability testing, GNUStep interview, and
- Development: GStreamer, Cplant cluster software, Ganymede 1.0,
GVD 1.2.0, Open Source Legal Issues, APL for Linux.
- Commerce: TV Linux Alliance; 'LPI Certification in a Nutshell'
- History: Debian 1.1 was released 5 years ago; The "Open Source"
trademark officially died 2 years ago.
- Letters: Licensing and security; naive economics; Linux's
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements
- Linux Weekly News for June 7, 2001(Jun 07, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for May 31, 2001(May 31, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for May 24, 2001(May 25, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for April 19, 2001(Apr 20, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for April 12, 2001(Apr 12, 2001)