8wire.com: Joining the Communications Revolution with DSL
Jul 03, 2001, 12:00 (4 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Bill Ball)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
This extremely long and detailed article outlines how to set up
DSL with your Linux boxen.
"The good news is that the explosive growth of users and
accompanying DSL provider growing pains seem to be over. Providers
such as Verizon seem to have improved both technical and customer
service over the last six months alone, probably as management and
technical teams learn what they need to do and signups level off a
bit. It seems that at least one phone company is learning how to
act like a real ISP by scheduling maintenance, announcing
downtimes, and providing a status page on problems."
- SecurityPortal: Ask Buffy - Secure FTP, NAT/firewalls, syslog, and certificate authorities.
(May 20, 2001)
- The Register: Alcatel says 'yes' to Linux USB ADSL support(Feb 13, 2001)
- The Register: UK Linux users find alternatives to BT ADSL modem; LinkSys adapter to bypass problem(Jan 25, 2001)
- The Register: Linux people petition Alcatel for USB ADSL drivers(Jan 25, 2001)
- PR: Agere Systems introduces ADSL chipset for Linux(Jan 16, 2001)
- LinuxPR: sangoma Forms Alliance with LinuxWizardry Systems to Market ADSL-enabled Router Appliance(Oct 19, 2000)
- www.hinterlands.org: BT's ADSL Farce(Aug 30, 2000)
- Linuks.net: How to set up ADSL with Linux(Aug 26, 2000)
- LA Times: PacBell to Offer Consumers a Do-It-Yourself DSL Installation Kit [Linux Support Promised](Jul 08, 2000)