Linux Weekly News for August 9, 2001
Aug 11, 2001, 01:59 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for August 9, 2001 has been
Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front Page: Lineo licenses RTLinux patent, Sklyarov freed - for
now, and the long arm of the DeCSS case.
- Security: Silly (McAfee) patents, flawed 802.11, and
executables in PDFs.
- Kernel: Buried in VMAs; the VM battle continues; synchronous
- Distributions: Linux for IBM eServer iSeries, Roswell from Red
Hat, ELinOS from SYSGO.
- On the Desktop: Calendaring on Linux, Dell vs. Dell, and the
Evolution draws closer.
- Development: OpenML 1.0 spec, BusyBox 0.60.0, State of Midgard,
Roundup issue tracker, DBI abstraction layer in C.
- Commerce: Partnerships: Lineo and MP3, MontaVista and
Concurrent, IBM and U.K. Computing and Data Grid.
- History: TurboLinux 1.0; OSI; Journaling Flash Filesystem in
- Letters: LinuxToday, ssh, Dmitry, active responses to
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for August 2, 2001(Aug 02, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 26, 2001(Jul 26, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 19, 2001(Jul 19, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 12, 2001(Jul 12, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 4, 2001(Jul 04, 2001)