Linux Weekly News for August 9, 2001
Aug 11, 2001, 01:59 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for August 9, 2001 has been
Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front Page: Lineo licenses RTLinux patent, Sklyarov freed - for
now, and the long arm of the DeCSS case.
- Security: Silly (McAfee) patents, flawed 802.11, and
executables in PDFs.
- Kernel: Buried in VMAs; the VM battle continues; synchronous
- Distributions: Linux for IBM eServer iSeries, Roswell from Red
Hat, ELinOS from SYSGO.
- On the Desktop: Calendaring on Linux, Dell vs. Dell, and the
Evolution draws closer.
- Development: OpenML 1.0 spec, BusyBox 0.60.0, State of Midgard,
Roundup issue tracker, DBI abstraction layer in C.
- Commerce: Partnerships: Lineo and MP3, MontaVista and
Concurrent, IBM and U.K. Computing and Data Grid.
- History: TurboLinux 1.0; OSI; Journaling Flash Filesystem in
- Letters: LinuxToday, ssh, Dmitry, active responses to
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for August 2, 2001(Aug 02, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 26, 2001(Jul 26, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 19, 2001(Jul 19, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 12, 2001(Jul 12, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 4, 2001(Jul 04, 2001)