Linux Weekly News for August 22, 2001
Aug 23, 2001, 16:01 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for August 23, 2001 has been
published. Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front Page: Linux turns 10, beating up Richard Stallman,
Freedom fights, and Dmitry gets a reprieve.
- Security: AirSnort, a new ssh attack, a new sendmail bug.
- Kernel: Mutating min() and max(); network entropy.
- Distributions: Compatibility between Linux distributions;
Debian Linux for BeOS refugees.
- On the Desktop: End user configuration management, Vector tool
- Development: The D language, FreeGIS updates, new ELC
directors, new CUPS and Omni, license quickref, GCC 3.0.1.
- Commerce: Boxed Penguin, Caldera to open source benchmarks,
awk, and grep, Lineo gets $20M, Intel compilers for Linux.
- History: The Linux Standards Association and trademarks;
Linux-Mandrake's first year; MPAA won the first round of the DVD
- Letters: The long reach of U.S. laws.
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for August 16, 2001(Aug 16, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 9, 2001(Aug 11, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 2, 2001(Aug 02, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 26, 2001(Jul 26, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 19, 2001(Jul 19, 2001)