Linux Weekly News for August 22, 2001
Aug 23, 2001, 16:01 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for August 23, 2001 has been
published. Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front Page: Linux turns 10, beating up Richard Stallman,
Freedom fights, and Dmitry gets a reprieve.
- Security: AirSnort, a new ssh attack, a new sendmail bug.
- Kernel: Mutating min() and max(); network entropy.
- Distributions: Compatibility between Linux distributions;
Debian Linux for BeOS refugees.
- On the Desktop: End user configuration management, Vector tool
- Development: The D language, FreeGIS updates, new ELC
directors, new CUPS and Omni, license quickref, GCC 3.0.1.
- Commerce: Boxed Penguin, Caldera to open source benchmarks,
awk, and grep, Lineo gets $20M, Intel compilers for Linux.
- History: The Linux Standards Association and trademarks;
Linux-Mandrake's first year; MPAA won the first round of the DVD
- Letters: The long reach of U.S. laws.
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for August 16, 2001(Aug 16, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 9, 2001(Aug 11, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 2, 2001(Aug 02, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 26, 2001(Jul 26, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for July 19, 2001(Jul 19, 2001)