Linux Weekly News for September 20, 2001
Sep 20, 2001, 13:10 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh, Michael J. Hammel)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for September 20, 2001 has been
Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front Page: Pulling back from open source to IP, DRI team gets
- Security: Is U.S. Crypto in danger again? Mandrake Apache fix,
Debian "most" advisory.
- Kernel: Merging with VM and Preemptible kernels.
- Distributions: aXon Linux preview 1.0; Linux Mandrake 8.1 RC
- On the Desktop: BRU rises again, KDE releases again, KOffice
- Development: GPL Licensing Turmoil, open source robots, quantum
computing, OpenMCL 0.7, Python exceptions.
- Commerce: Red Hat (NASDAQ:RHAT)
stock buy back; Red Hat financial results; Caldera (NASDAQ:CALD)
- History: Five years ago Troll Tech released Qt for X Windows;
the rise and fall of UDI.
- Letters: Call to action, copyright law ad nauseum, not so
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for September 13, 2001(Sep 13, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for September 6, 2001(Sep 06, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 30, 2001(Aug 30, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 22, 2001(Aug 23, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for August 16, 2001(Aug 16, 2001)