Linux Weekly News for January 10, 2002
Jan 10, 2002, 14:05 (7 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet)
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for January 10, 2002 has been
Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front: Trademark trouble; Let's be done with buffer
- Security: Linux virus on the loose; lots of updates; Linux
security white papers from IBM
- Kernel: A new 2.5 scheduler; achieving low latency; preparing
ALSA for inclusion.
- Distributions: A New Distribution List; New this week:
Debian-Med, IPCop Firewall, Trinity Rescue Kit, and Xitnalta
- Development: Gopher 3.0, PDA apps, Squid virus scanner,
XNotesPlus V3.5, gFTP 2.0.11, GCC for AMD x86-64, OProfile
- Commerce: BBC providing Ogg streams; Lineo, Metrowerks and
Motorola Broadband form Triarc Content Labs; HP, MSC offer turnkey
- History: Creative Labs learns about free software; the UTICA
rears its ugly head; Linux kernel 2.4.0 released.
- Letters: Kernel trees; application installation.
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and announcements.
- Linux Weekly News for January 3, 2002(Jan 03, 2002)
- Linux Weekly News for December 20, 2001(Dec 20, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for December 13, 2001(Dec 13, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for December 6, 2001(Dec 06, 2001)
- Linux Weekly News for November 29, 2001(Nov 29, 2001)