Linux Weekly News for February 28, 2002
Feb 28, 2002, 15:25 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jonathan Corbet)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
The LWN.net Weekly Edition for February 28, 2002 has been
Inside this LWN.net Weekly Edition:
- Front: ChillingEffects.org; StarOffice to cost money; NuSphere
vs. MySQL AB.
- Security: Common security vulnerability naming; squid
- Kernel: Process migration; Doing BK penguin style.
- Distributions: Rock Linux; Embedded Distributions and new Intel
- Development: Omni 0.6.0, Alsa 0.9.0b12, Linux H.A. report,
Ghostscript 6.53, Zope 2.5.1b1, Gnome 2.0 beta, AbiWord 0.99.2,
gphoto 2.0, GCC 3.0.4, TinyCOBOL 0.5.7.
- Commerce: Linux International starts telecom marketing
initiative; EU lets Microsoft write its Patent Directive.
- Letters: Racism and free software; Debian Testing; CML2.
...plus the usual array of reports, updates, and
- Linux Weekly News for February 21, 2002(Feb 21, 2002)
- Linux Weekly News for February 14, 2002(Feb 14, 2002)
- Linux Weekly News for February 7, 2002(Feb 07, 2002)
- Linux Weekly News for January 31, 2002(Jan 31, 2002)
- Linux Weekly News for January 24, 2002(Jan 24, 2002)