Blender Foundation Launches Campaign to Open Blender Source
Jul 22, 2002, 20:30 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to Xabier
Goñi for this link. ]
From the Campaign pages of the Blender Foundation:
"The Blender Foundation is a Charity Fund, aimed at breathing
new life into Blender by means of publishing the source codes and
organizing services around it. The first goal is to organize a
campaign to get the initial $100k to pay for the sources, but once
that has been established a lot of exciting activities will be
organized around it. With Blender and its user community as a core,
but certainly with celebrating free access to 3D technology in
general. You can review the statutes to read the full goals and
means of the Foundation.
"During the campaign:
- The Foundation will use the funds to continue the campaign for
as long and as effective as possible.
- There's no deadline set by NaN Holding. however it might be
possible it will happen after 3-6 months.
"After a succesful campaign:
- the [sic] $100k one time fee will be paid to NaN
Holding B.V. to pay for the right to open the sources.
- the sources and web services will become available by means of
a gratis Membership
- sponsoring and other fund-raising activities will continue to
cover the Foundation exploitation..."