Mandrake: Mandrake Linux 9.1 (Bamboo) for PPC is Available
Apr 11, 2003, 15:00 (3 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Mandrake Linux 9.1 'Bamboo' for PPC processors is available.
This new release provides all Mandrake 9.1 features, including
Apache 2, 'Zeroconf' network support and WiFi support. Mandrake 9.1
for PPC also provides an unequaled level of comfort for users with
a simplified graphical installer, a brand-new 'MandrakeGalaxy'
theme, stunning anti-aliased fonts, and of course the new KDE 3.1
and GNOME 2.2 desktop environments.
"Mandrake 9.1/PPC is based on Linux kernel 2.4.21 and includes
XFree86 4.3.0, KDE 3.1, GNOME 2.2, OpenOffice.org 1.0.2, Mozilla
1.3, Apache 2, and Samba 2.2.7. All features are detailled in the
Mandrake 9.1/x86 feature page.
"Specifical features for this PPC version include:
- "MOL: Mac-On-Linux - Allows you to run Mac OS or OS/X either
full screen or in an X window at native speed. Now with menu items
to launch either.
- "pbbuttonsd/gtkpbuttons - Activates laptop function keys for
control of volume, brightness etc.
- "BenH based alternate kernel - Full support for newest hardware
and new sleep code for Apple laptops. Kernel also has Mandrake's
supermount and xfs support added in.
- "Supported processors: G3 and G4 on iMac, as well as
'old-world' machines with the 604 processor as long as they have
PCI (no nubus).
- "Installation support and kernel for IBM RS/6000 (tested on a
43P-150 model with a 604e processor)..."